I firstly looked at some of the common factors of music played within motion graphics, the genre is often bubbly and happy, enticing, catch and sometimes repetitive to make it easier to remember or a tune you may find yourself humming later on.

I decided that my music should be bubbly and quite feel-good to make the viewers interested in visiting Dunstable, and showing this in a positive light. My music will fit in time with my chosen designs to make it that bit more fitting and interactive.

I decided to look at some of the most well known advert music that catches attention:

  • Go Compare : Wynne Evans - Go Compare 
  • Renault Megane : I see you baby - Groove Armada
  • Twinings Tea : Wherever you will go - Charlene Soraia 
  • Durex : Let's get it on - Marvin Gaye
  • Sony : José González - Heartbeats
  • Ipod : Jet - Are you gonna be my girl?
  • Cadbury : Phil Collins - In the air tonight
  • Southern Comfort : Odetta - Gotta be me
  • Three : Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
  • Webuyanycar.com : We buy any car jingle
I had a brief look into some songs that I think would be fitting and show Dunstable in a positive light, my list of possible songs:
  • Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve. This song is very uplifting and has feel-good, positive vibes, the song also has an interesting 'drop' into the song at the beginning after approx 45seconds.
  • Kids - MGMT. This song is also uplifting and has an incredibly catchy beat, however this beat dissolves out at 45seconds until the next chorus instrumental, I think the motion graphics within my final piece would have to travel relatively quick and constant in beat which may prove difficult.
  • Electric Feel - MGMT. Electric feel is quite fluid and flows, it's possibly to say that it hits a hippie vibe, feel-good and appealing affect. However this song is very repetitive but becomes less interesting as it progresses as it stays the same with no differences within the song, this could however be edited using After Effects.
  • Time to Pretend - MGMT. Time to pretend has a very unique and intriguing start up beat which is catchy and appealing, however this fades out by 30seconds and only returns with the chorus parts. This could be edited, but the song would be too repetitive to just have the intriguing tones repeated.
I feel that MGMT capture an uplifting, enlightening and feel-good vibe to the majority of their songs, therefore I feel that it may be wise to go with 'Kids', a catchy upbeat tune that's easily memorable. I also really like Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve, it's very flowy and has the potential to be flexible to most motion graphics. I can also edit simple parts to make it all the more better and interesting to gain appeal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment